I actually agree with you.

I see MLO as a personal projects/Tasks manager and the list of wants you
list below are great.

Richard: What I was meaning by "can a project be shared" is what Dwight
suggests below...

(I would like to see MLO provide more support for the ways that an
individual person’s tasks interact with other people’s tasks, including

-          The ability to tell people about a task (with any subtasks) by
creating a printable summary and/or export to calendar

-          The ability to assign a task (with any subtasks) to a person and
let them know, preferably by sending them something that will easily snap
into outlook tasks, google tasks, and other task management tools

-          The ability to receive, retain and track formal replies from the
recipient of a task, including task accepted, task rejected, task status
update, task completed)
What I'm not sure of is whether MLO will achieve sharing properly, when its
users have to use Windows only as the desktop option given that there are
many different platforms being used in business. Obviously there is an
email message that can be sent but this seems too cumbersome and
inefficient.

If sharing isn't the point then fine, but it still limits the user base.
Point in case, I run a Macbook at work, a PC at home and an Nexus phone. I
want to work on my stuff on all devices. At present the best option for the
Mac user is to install VMware, but common sense tells me that this is a
cost prohibitive roadblock for most people and organisations.

The diversity of devices used by people is only going to increase in the
future, hence my comments re web interface.

Great discussion