On Wednesday, 7 November 2012 02:43:12 UTC-5, lrando wrote:

> BRAVO. Instead of six or more development branches, MLO could have just
> two, both web based, one for pc and one for mobile.

Or just one, java. (And let's remember pc = personal computer, not windows.
My PC runs Linux.)

> I'm glad to see someone else point this out. I brought this up within the
> past year in this forum, and subsequently rely more on toodledo for all my
> personal stuff, and MLO to just simply augment Microsoft OneNote for
> tracking my workflow in the office.

Glad OneNote works for you. Do you know when MS will be bringing it to
Android and/or Linux?

Let's remember, the goal is to get away from proprietary dependencies, such
as upon Exchange, Outlook, or anything else MS, for that matter.

> If MLO didn't do heirarchical organization the way it does, I wouldn't use
> it at all.
> Something else you may not have run across is that MLO uses godaddy for
> some of their services which is blocked by our corporate policies and may
> be blocked by yours too.

Could you speak to which services? I assume not just their DNS registration?

> There is an android app in google play that works great but has no pc
> equivalent, but then thats where you use toodledo's web interface.

Toodledo does not have subtasks. 1 level of subtask does not subtasks make.
(They should be ashamed of themselves for their misleading marketing-speak.)

> Its called ULTIMATE TO-DO LIST. It looks ugly but thats because it uses a
> black background to conserve the battery.
> Michael Linenberger has an article on his blog about mobile task
> management and compensating for device OS platform differences.
> http://masteryourworkday.com/what-tasks-server-are-you-using

Sadly, that's not viable. vis a vis mlo - it does not have the richness /
flexibility offered by mlo.

Google has a poor subset of mlo, so once you move to the desktop, all the
wonderfulness (of native UTDL) is lost. You can not sync (as far as I know)
the wonderfulness to use it anywhere other than the pda. So, for me, I'm
back to praying to mlo, having just delved into UTDL a little bit. And
Toodledo does not have subtasks.

Further, from what I could see of the UTDL interface, there is not near the
flexibility of the mlo desktop in terms of filtering. Android mlo is
somewhat better. In coming back to look at it again, I ASSUME Android mlo
will get better in this area over time. It seems the only thing in active
development at mlo. (vis a vis non-Windows desktop, non-proprietary
sync'ing.)