John,

It's interesting you bring up the pedantic nature of IQTell. I am 
encountering the same limitations now that I've been trying it for a few 
days. I was excited about the tight integration with email, and cloud based 
services, but it is rather rigid. One of the things I love about MLO is the 
hierarchical structure it has. I have been looking for the past few years 
for a software program that supports this. I used to really love using 
Todomatrix on the Blackberry because of this feature. I think my brain 
works in this manner for sure. For me, the ability to see all of my 
projects and the related tasks that are required to complete them from a 
top down perspective is paramount. 

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 5:44:12 AM UTC-7, John . Smith wrote:
>
>
> I used to think the lack of a mobile app was a deal-breaker, but 
> personally I am so intensely dissatisfied with all the task major 
> management systems available (and I have asked around and tried all the 
> leading tools) that I would now settle for anything that runs on Windows 10 
> , yes even stand alone software.  That said, the obvious way forward 
> nowadays would be to have a web application that is customised to work 
> reasonably well on a mobile interface.
>  
> Yes, I tried IQTell but found it rather pedantic. I particularly dislike 
> the fact that as far as I could tell it forces you to decide whether 
> something is a project or a standalone task right from the start (i.e. 
> there is no easy say to move between a Project and multi-part task and a 
> standalone task).   As such this simply isn't how the human brain works. 
> Most of the time one thinks in terms of desired outcomes and stuff that 
> needs to be done, without categorising it artificially into such things.
>
> J
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/fffd0d99-1c19-4dff-aa09-7d4d9322838c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to