Adam 
I was under the impression that the user voice forum was pretty much 
dead/ignored. One of the big problems with User Voice is that a lot of the 
voices are from a long time ago and no longer relevant. This puts new users 
off as the impact of new stuff is pretty much drowned.  

Moreover because MLO have a very slow development cycle and seem pretty 
unresponsive to their users this further discourages user participation. 

Yes I have found a way to run a Someday list, pretty much like SRhyse 
suggests, however I still find it clunky and don't like it very much. What 
I have yet to find is a way to run other 'actionable status' lists such as 
Later or Soon.  (Definitely, and do it soon, to but don't do ASAP and don't 
lose it amongst the Someday stuff. )  
Personally I would like the ability to do a long term archive using the 
same fields (i.e. "Make this stuff disappear but let me review it in say 3 
or 6 months") 

And I would like all this stuff to inherit their statuses from parent tasks.

Given that MLO Windows has such 'way out there' data fields as: 
- Review frequency
- Effort including min time and max time
- Dependencies including delay 
- Goal for week/month/year
- Importance + Urgency
- Recurrence
- Project % completion
- Starred date 
- Last reviewed date 
(etc.)
... I find it strange to argue that something as powerful as this should be 
banned on the grounds of "no additional clutter". Clutter for me is a 
battle that MLO has lost a very long time ago! No, in my opinion, MLO - 
particularly the Windows version needs to be seen as a task management 
platform of great power that people use after they have exhausted/out-grown 
all other options not a ready to go application. 

But interesting to get your opinions. So it sounds like something of a dead 
duck for the next year or so I guess.   :^(

Adam Byers - I'd be happy to tell you which application I was talking about 
but the thread is now so long that I can't find the relevant part of the 
thread that you are talking about!

J


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/313f54da-2228-440d-a0df-e3811f6d5908%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to