I read a little bit about that product, but since it doesn't have a mobile 
companion app, I wasn't going to look too much deeper into it. I work in an 
environment where  our machines are locked down and we can't install third 
party software. The fact that MLO can be run off of a thumb drive is one of 
the biggest reasons I was considering it for work and home use. 

On Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 12:49:16 PM UTC-7, John . Smith wrote:
>
> The product to which I refer is called ToDoList by AbstractSpoon.
>
> Personally I would certainly consider the product to be 'a competitor' 
> however if MLO don't see any need for Custom Task Attributes, perhaps MLO 
> do not consider themselves to be competitors after all !
>
> J
>
>
> On 6 November 2016 at 01:53, Adam Byers <[email protected] <javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>>  
>>
>> I was referring to your original post in this thread (quoted below). Just 
>> today, I just checked out IQTELL and it has some of the features you are 
>> discussing, but some of the functionality is quite counter-intuitive. It 
>> does have some really neat features such as email integration, though and 
>> I'm still reviewing it.
>>
>> *Hello*
>>
>>
>> *I have recently been spending time with an MLO competitor which has a 
>> feature that they call "Custom Task Attributes", which I consider to be a 
>> total game-changer.*
>>
>>
>> *In effect these are task fields that you can add for yourself, and name 
>> them to whatever suits you, and then have them show up everywhere as if 
>> they were standard task data fields. And fwiw, you seem to be allowed to 
>> add a large number (e.g. 10?) of such "Custom Task Attributes" if you want.*
>>
>>
>> *Moreover you can even chose whether each new field is plain text, or is 
>> a list. And if the field is to be a list, is it multi-selection or single 
>> selection. (And even whether data can be added to it by the user). *
>>
>>
>> *To me this is jaw-droppingly powerful and takes the configurability of 
>> the system to a whole new level. *
>>
>>
>> *Any takers?*
>>
>>
>> *J*
>>
>>
>>
>> PS If you are a follower of GTD method, please note that the above allows 
>> you to add fields like "Area of Responsibility" and action status (e.g. 
>> "Waiting", "Sometime-Maybe", "Active", "Later" etc), and even a "Waiting 
>> For" user field... without resorting to messy workarounds.
>>
>> On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 5:07:33 AM UTC-6, John . Smith wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have recently been spending time with an MLO competitor which has a 
>>> feature that they call "Custom Task Attributes", which I consider to be a 
>>> total game-changer.
>>>
>>> In effect these are task fields that you can add for yourself, and name 
>>> them to whatever suits you, and then have them show up everywhere as if 
>>> they were standard task data fields. And fwiw, you seem to be allowed to 
>>> add a large number (e.g. 10?) of such "Custom Task Attributes" if you want.
>>>
>>> Moreover you can even chose whether each new field is plain text, or is 
>>> a list. And if the field is to be a list, is it multi-selection or single 
>>> selection. (And even whether data can be added to it by the user). 
>>>
>>> To me this is jaw-droppingly powerful and takes the configurability of 
>>> the system to a whole new level. 
>>>
>>> Any takers?
>>>
>>> J
>>>
>>>
>>> PS If you are a follower of GTD method, please note that the above 
>>> allows you to add fields like "Area of Responsibility" and action status 
>>> (e.g. "Waiting", "Sometime-Maybe", "Active", "Later" etc), and even a 
>>> "Waiting For" user field... without resorting to messy workarounds.
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the 
>> Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mylifeorganized/aHvLaU7lGuE/unsubscribe
>> .
>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 
>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] 
>> <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/bb0304bf-3200-4e60-8c35-3e5f98a6e0a1%40googlegroups.com
>>  
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/bb0304bf-3200-4e60-8c35-3e5f98a6e0a1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/414cb705-0729-4684-9096-a983d89ae4a6%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to