> On Apr 4, 2022, at 7:40 PM, ZY <zongyiy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would trust these large internet vendors with my CC info more than the
> restaurant I go to tbh, these large companies have been operating for years
> and have millions of dollars pouring into security. The restaurant nearby who
> takes my credit card could just be skimming my info at the counter for all I
> know.

That's how an infamous book thief financed his lifestyle while he wasn't casing
stores and shoplifting valuable old tomes. He worked part-time in an upscale
clothing store and wrote the credit cards down. Someone wrote a book about him:

"Rare-book theft is even more widespread than fine-art theft. Most thieves, of
course, steal for profit. John Charles Gilkey steals purely for the love of
books. In an attempt to understand him better, journalist Allison Hoover
Bartlett plunged herself into the world of  book lust and discovered just how
dangerous it can be."

https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Loved-Books-Much/dp/1594484813
<https://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Loved-Books-Much/dp/1594484813>

If you don't have time for the book check out this talk by the author:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPknmLx8xcQ
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPknmLx8xcQ>

Amazing.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."—Roy Batty, Blade Runner