Hi, guys. This is a newbie question which might have more to do with SSL certs than 
with the nessus program itself. In any case, I hope you can help on this one.

I installed nessus 1.2 RPMs over our RH7.2 box (nessus-common, nessus-server, and 
nessus-client packages). After running "nessusd -D" for the first time, it did not 
find any "ca" file and advised me to run nessus-mkcert, which I did.

After the certificate was created, I created a user with "nessus-adduser" with the 
password option. Then I ran "nessusd -D" to run nessus server in the background.

I fired up KDE as root and ran the nessus client from there on the same machine. I 
entered the username and password and it presented me with the ff. choices:

<--window box--->
SSL Setup
Please choose your level of paranoia ...
(1) Display and remember the server certificate, do not care about the CA
(2) Trust the server certificate if and only if it is valid
(3) Verify that the server certificate is valid and and remember it
<--end window box-->

Since I only created a root certificate, I chose option (1) and after that I got an 
"SSL Error" everytime I tried to login to the nessus client.

(Prior to installing nessus, I've already created our own root certificate for serving 
HTTPS pages locally. I just want to point this out to show you that openssl is indeed 
installed and working.)

After running nessus-mkcert, is there an additional step that I have to do to the 
certificate? I read the FAQs from nessus.org but couldn't find any help related to my 
problem.

Thanks!
web n.
-- 
__________________________________________________________
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Save up to $160 by signing up for NetZero Platinum Internet service.
http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8

Reply via email to