I installed nessus 2.0.10

I have openssl .9.6c

 

It is running in Suse 8.0.

 

My problem is:

 

I can’t connect to nessusd.  Every time I try to log on , I get

This error

 

linux:~ # nessus

 

[1348] SSL_connect: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

[1385] SSL_connect: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

[3924 SSL_connect: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

 

 

this is my conf file that nessusd created.

 

 

Can some please help me with fix this issue.

I have also created a user thathas a plain text password, but no luck logging in.

I also tried from the win32 client using no encryption.

With the following error

#RROR: Unexpected server responce. Connection terminated.

Connecting to server 10.9.4.161 (port 1241) using unencrypted connection...

Using < NTP/1.2 >

ERROR: Unexpected server responce. Connection terminated.#

 

I feel that it might have to do with openssl, but then again I’m new at this.

 

-Al

 

################################################################

# Configuration file of the Nessus Security Scanner

 

 

 

# Every line starting with a '#' is a comment

 

# Path to the security checks folder :

plugins_folder = /usr/lib/nessus/plugins

 

# Maximum number of simultaneous tests :

max_threads = 8

 

# Log file (or 'syslog') :

logfile = /var/log/nessusd.messages

 

# Shall we log every details of the attack ?

log_whole_attack = yes

 

# Log the name of the plugins that are loaded by the server ? log_plugins_name_at_load = no

 

# Dump file for debugging output, use `-' for stdout

dumpfile = /var/log/nessusd.dump

 

# Rules file :

rules = /etc/nessus/nessusd.rules

 

# Users database :

users = /etc/nessus/nessusd.users

 

# CGI paths to check for (cgi-bin:/cgi-aws:/ can do)

cgi_path = /cgi-bin

 

# Range of the ports nmap will scan :

port_range = 1-15000

 

# Optimize the test (recommanded) :

optimize_test = yes

 

# Language of the plugins :

language = english

 

# Crypto options :

negot_timeout = 600

peks_username = nessusd

peks_keylen = 1024

peks_keyfile = /etc/nessus/nessusd.private-keys

peks_usrkeys = /etc/nessus/nessusd.user-keys

peks_pwdfail = 5

# set random_device to "none" to disable

#random_device = /dev/urandom

track_iothreads = yes

cookie_logpipe = /etc/nessus/nessusd.logpipe cookie_logpipe_suptmo = 2 force_pubkey_auth = yes

 

 

# Optimization :

# Read timeout for the sockets of the tests : checks_read_timeout = 15 # Time to wait for between two tests against the same port, in seconds (to

be inetd friendly) :

delay_between_tests = 1

# Maximum lifetime of a plugin (in seconds) :

plugins_timeout = 160

#end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to