"Michel Arboi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Can you connect to the 1241 port, e.g. with openssl client?

If you mean my firewall allows it, then yes -- both for loopback and remote access. 
Below are the results of ipchains check:

[root]# ipchains -C input -i lo -p tcp -s localhost 32654 -d localhost 1241
accepted
[root]# ipchains -C input -i eth0 -p tcp -s <any public IP> <unprivport> -d <our IP> 
1241
accepted

I eliminated any firewall problem by stopping ipchains, but the ff. SSL error still 
arose:
[root]# nessus -q localhost 1241 <user> <pass> <targets file> <results file>
SSL_connect[11402]: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
nessus : SSL error

Also, an "lsof | grep nessusd" run confirmed that nessusd is indeed listening on port 
1241, and that it's using "/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6b". I have the developer package of 
openssl installed. My nessusd.conf points to the correct directories of the .pem files.

I'm stumped. Is there anything else to be done with the servercert.pem and cacert.pem 
files found in the server's /var/nessus/CA and /usr/com/nessus/CA? I've also tried 
adding "ssl = none" in both nessusd.conf and /home/<user>/.nessusrc, to no avail.

Thanks for responding, and really hope you have an idea how to solve my problem.

Reply via email to