On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 04:53:41PM -0400, Alvaro Gordon-Escobar wrote:

>    I can't connect to nessusd.  Every time I try to log on , I get
...
>    [1348] SSL_connect: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

This suggusts that the server's up, but it doesn't support SSL/TLS. 
There can be several reasons for this; eg,

   o Nessus wasn't built (or built properly) with OpenSSL. Check by
     looking at the output of "nessusd -d". 

   o You haven't installed a server certificate, updated the
     server's configuration to use that, and restarted the server.
     The first two steps can be handled by running "nessus-mkcert",
     if you're content with the solution that provides. 

   o SSL / TLS is disabled; ie, nessusd.conf contains the line 
     "ssl_version = NONE".

From your nessusd.conf, you don't seem to have installed / setup a
server certificate.  I don't think that's your only problem, though, for
if your nessusd were built with SSL / TLS support, I'd expect that you
would get an error message about ca_file not being set when trying to
start the daemon. 

Still, it's odd that the client does use SSL / TLS when trying to
connect.  Are the client and server running on the same host?

> I have also created a user thathas a plain text password, but no luck
> logging in. 

Eventually, you'll have to either change the user over to
certificate-based authentication or remove the line "force_pubkey_auth =
yes" from the server's config. 

>    I also tried from the win32 client using no encryption.
> 
>    With the following error
> 
>    #RROR: Unexpected server responce. Connection terminated.

This is odd too, as it arises after the connection has been established
and the protocol agreed upon but while waiting for either the User or
Password prompt from the server. As the message states, the server 
responded in an unexpected fashion.  

What appears in the daemon's log (nessusd.messages) when you try to
connect? 

George
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Attachment: pgp00000.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to