> On 29 Jul 2015, at 16:44, Juergen Schoenwaelder
> <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 04:38:41PM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
>>
>> The first part about parser behaviour still doesn’t make much sense to me
>> and may be misinterpreted. I think that even a parser that does understand
>> an extension may ignore it. It all depends on what the parser output is used
>> for.
>>

> Oh boy - very high level of nitpicking.
>
>> I would just say (somewhere) that descriptions and extensions are integral
>> and binding parts of the data model. Unless I missed something, it is not
>> clearly stated for descriptions either.
>
> I tried to say so. Looking forward to your improved proposal.

OK, here it is:

Sec. 7.21.3
-----------

Add this paragraph at the end:

Constraints and rules stated in the text of a “description” statement are an
integral and binding part of the data model.

Sec. 6.3.1
----------

OLD

If a YANG compiler does not support a particular extension, which appears in a
YANG module as an unknown-statement (see Section 13), the entire
unknown-statement MAY be ignored by the compiler.

NEW

Extensions and their semantics as defined by the corresponding “extension”
statement are an integral and binding part of the data model.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C