On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 12:24:09PM +0200, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> Benoit Claise <bcla...@cisco.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Here is part 1 of my AD review.
> >
> > I found this useful:
> > http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht?url1=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc6020.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-11.txt
> >
> > - Do we want to mention RESTCONF in the abstract? From the new charter:
> >
> >    The NETMOD working group has defined the data modeling language
> >    YANG, which can be used to specify network management data models
> >    that are transported over such protocols as NETCONF and RESTCONF.
> >
> > OLD:
> >
> >    YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration data,
> >    state data, remote procedure calls, and notifications for network
> >    management protocols like the Network Configuration Protocol
> >    (NETCONF).
> >
> > NEW:
> >
> >    YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration data,
> >    state data, remote procedure calls, and notifications for network
> >    management protocols transported over such protocols as Network
> >    Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) and RESTCONF. This document specifies
> >    the YANG mappings to NETCONF.
>
> The first paragraph in the introduction mentions other protocols;
> RESCTONF and CoMI.  My personal opinion is that this is sufficient,
> but I'd like to hear what others think.

I agree with less is more since we do not know how many protocols will
eventually transport YANG-defined data. What I like about Benoit's
proposal is that it clearly says that this document provides the
mappings to NETCONF. So how about this?

    YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration data,
    state data, remote procedure calls, and notifications for network
    management protocols. This document also specifies the YANG mappings
    to the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF).