In article
<49380.86.154.45.205.1362660717.squir...@email.orpheusnet.co.uk>, Learning
Partners <lp.bo...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 27 Feb 2013 Martin Bazley  wrote:
> >
> >> If you're still using 2.9, you don't need to be told.  Simply open
> >> WWW.NetSurf.Log in your computer's ScrapDir (note: this only works
> >> when NetSurf is *not* running) and it should be right there in the
> >> first few lines.
> >
> > Thanks for the information. I hadn't thought of looking there.
> >
> > I normally use a recent development version, currently #942, but that
> > doesn't exhibit the redirect to mobile problem so I used 2.9 to
> > illustrate it. Richard Porter

> As someone who requires a stable version I am still using 2.9. I worked
> round the problem by redirecting the BBC link to the mobile desktop page
> which gave access to standard BBC content. But now in their wisdom the
> BBC have deleted this so I am back to square one. Considering their
> clucking over the raspberry pi you would think .... no large
> organisation, different hands, no co-ordination! Richard, you could let
> them know that apparently very large numbers of the little wonders have
> been sold which might help us on legacy hardware!

Just tried using the BBC News link on Netsurf's home page (the out of the
box version) NS 2.9.

Works fine, taking me automatically to http://m.bbc.co.uk/news , which I
assume to be the mobile version.  Not pretty but it is usable.

I don't think that I made any modifications to those NS links when this was
discussed some time ago but maybe I did!  If so, that would seem to be the
answer.

Cheers

Alan

--