Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
>> Considering their
>clucking
>> over the raspberry pi you would think .... no large organisation,
>> different hands, no co-ordination! Richard, you could let them know
>that
>> apparently very large numbers of the little wonders have been sold
>which
>> might help us on legacy hardware!
>
>Yes, will do. I've just got another reply from the Beeb:
>
>"Please note that the issue was once again escalated to Future Media
>and finding that your browser is NetSurf running under RISC OS 6.16
>running on a StrongARM powered RiscPC informed that this is old
>technology and may explain why you are being directed to the mobile
>version of the website.

Does NetSurf 2.9 under Raspbian (ie the Pi's default OS with - I think - the
default/recommended web browser) have the same problem (it should)? Report that
and maybe they will take notice rather than hiding under the "old technology"
banner.

On the plus side, they didn't call it obsolete technology.