Date: Thr, 17 Feb 2000 00:57:38 -200
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Character conversion

Hello.

On 2000-02-15 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

 ha>Dear Lars - 290 KB of utilities (and that even ZIPped, so in fact
 ha>it' a lot more) just to change some Umlaute and accented letters ?

 Yes.

 ha>And then it even renders the result only in the
 ha>not-at-all-so-pleasant MIME-QP Kauderwelsch ?

 As stated in my original post, QP is understood by all
 mailreaders I know of. And easily converted.

 ha>Sorry but I would consider this not an ideal solution.

 Don't be sorry. _I_ don't consider this ideal. It's a
 workaround.

 ha>I included a functionality in ReRead to remap char.s for the screen
 ha>presentation of mails in a MAIL.DLU, or whatever text file you want

 Can this extended functionality convert any given, existing
 file for the purpose of sending it as an e-mail?

 Will it write to an e-mail in the charset chosen?

 Will it indicate in the header what charset is used?

 Will the resulting e-mail be able to pass unharmed and
 unhindered through the transport mechanisms of the internet?

 If the answer is "yes" to these questions I will withdraw the
 package from my website and start using and promoting RR.

 BTW, what is the price of RR these days?


 Regards,
 Lars

Beta Testers are crazy, Alpha Testers are totally insane.

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to