Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:12:53 -200
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Character conversion

Hello.

On 2000-02-17 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

 jg>NL>Will the resulting e-mail be able to pass unharmed and
 jg>NL>unhindered through the transport mechanisms of the internet?
 jg>If you can find a way to do this I'd be very interested to know how
 jg>you manage it.

 Me too! :-)
 The question was very badly phrased. Should have been something
 like this:

 Will the resulting e-mail comply with RFC xxxx and xxxx, thus
 avoiding the bite of transport mechanisms that can harm and
 hinder e-mails containing 8-bit characters?

 Sorry, I've forgotten what RFC regulate e-mail and transport
 mechanisms.

 I have been bitten by these mechanisms more than once. I know
 they exist. They are not common, but they _do_ exist.


 Regards,
 Lars

Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and
nothing worse will happen to you all day...

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to