Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:09:51 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Character conversion


Hi Lars

 18/02/00 Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  NL>Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:12:53 -200 From:
  NL>[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Character conversion


  LN>Will the resulting e-mail be able to pass unharmed and
  LN>unhindered through the transport mechanisms of the
  LN>internet?

  JG>If you can find a way to do this I'd be very interested to
  JG>know how you manage it.

  LN>Me too! :-) The question was very badly phrased. Should have
  LN>been something like this:

  LN>Will the resulting e-mail comply with RFC xxxx and xxxx, thus
  LN>avoiding the bite of transport mechanisms that can harm and
  LN>hinder e-mails containing 8-bit characters?

  LN>Sorry, I've forgotten that RFC regulate e-mail and transport
  LN>mechanisms.

  LN>I have been bitten by these mechanisms more than once. I know
  LN>they exist. They are not common, but they _do_ exist.

They certainly do and they seem to strike at random so it's probably
best to assume a worst case scenario and always comply with the
guidance notes.

Cheers

jaygee


"NT with NTR - DOS alive in Win95"




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to