Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:08:79 -700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: USR Courier HST 14.4 Revisited


On 2000-11-05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >I'm running a USR 14.4k modem on a Toshiba T1200 laptop which
   >has a 16450 UART. I'm able to obtain a full 14.4k connection with
   >two local dialup nodes for CompuServe. I don't know why you are
   >limiting your COM Port Initialization to 9,600 bps. I'm
   >initializing at 19,200. Perhaps there are hardware/software
   >considerations beyond Net-Tamer and the equipment noted in your
   >description.

Hi, Walter --

I've tried limiting COM1 under PC DOS 3.3 as somewhat of an exper-
iment, but now I've removed that mode statement in autoexec.bat.

   >My current initialization string is:
   >ATZ^MATE0Q0V1S0=0&M5&K1X4M0^MAT&B1&R2&S1
   >This seems to work well for me in most circumstances.

Just out of curiosity, I tried your string above, and here were
the results:

+++ATZ
ok
ATE0Q0V1S0=0&M5&K1X4M0
ok
ok
CONNECT 2400/ARQ

As you can see, it worked -- but not as quickly as some of my
other strings.

I modified my previous string, however, with noticably faster
results:

AT&FB0X7&C1&D2&M5&H1&R2&K1&B1&S1 S10=15

With this last init. string, I got readings of CPS 529 and CPS 458
while downloading two different sites -- and surprisingly, when I
downloaded a file from my ISP, I got CPS 1442!

Jerry >>>> USR Courier HST--V.32 | IBM PC/XT & PC Color Display <<<<
      >>>>> PC DOS 3.3 & WordStar 3.30p | 20 MB HDD & 360K FDD <<<<<

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to