Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:08:7= -700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: USR Courier HST 14.4 Revisited


On 2000-11-06 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >>I experiment with the following string that gave a noticable
   >>improvement in CPS rate:
   >>AT&FB0X7&C1&D2&M5&H1&R2&K1&B1&S1 S10=15
   >>When downloading two different sites, I got readings with Net-Tamer
   >>of CPS 526 and 458.  The real surprise was that I got CPS 1442 when
   >>downloading a file from my ISP!

   >1442 CPS suggests that you connected at 9600 bps, and got the
   >benefit of compression.  You'd never see that sort of rate at 2400
   >bps, even with compression at V.42bis limits.

One thing for certain -- this modem is not behaving in a normal
fashion.  But if it works as good as it does now, I'll just consider
it to be a functioning, workable anomaly... ;-)

Jerry >>>> USR Courier HST--V.32 | IBM PC/XT & PC Color Display <<<<
      >>>>> PC DOS 3.3 & WordStar 3.30p | 20 MB HDD & 360K FDD <<<<<

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to