Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:54:58 -0800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why don't we make a change?

On 2001-04-19 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >I refuse to have anything to do with egroups/yahoogroups.  They
   >host a spammer that keeps subscribing me to his list.  They took me
   >off the first few times but after yahoo took over they ignored my
   >complaints for a long time.  I forwarded every spam to them until
   >eventually they unsubcribed me.  They were very snide about it
   >pointing me to their unsubcribe webpage.

That's in spite of the fact that Yahoo is _supposed_ to be against spam 
according to their official position.  However, that doesn't keep a 
moderator from violating the rules and getting away with it for a long 
time.  I recently set up a group there (yahoogroups).  If someone wants 
to join, they have to ask to join.  That way, I don't offend anyone and 
I get a chance to verify whoever asks.

I get spam for other reasons, not connected with yahoogroups.  I use Tom 
Burleigh's killfile to kill it when I download.  However, I don't blame 
you for resisting the idea of yahoogroups and I also question just how 
worthwhile it would be for a Net-Tamer user who can't really use Yahoo 
very well anyway (except for the text news site).  That said, I do use 
yahoogroups myself and so long as everything is set correctly, Net-Tamer 
is fine for getting and sending messages to a list.  

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to