Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:47:27 +0400
From: "Mark at Cross+Road's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why don't we make a change?
Hello All,
This thread has been going on for a few days, and I've begun to wonder
if there isn't a way to have your cake and eat it also! I believe that the
idea to host the list on another group like Yahoo was in order to bring a
larger exposure for Nettamer to other possible users. Well can't this be
done by just having the list "echo" a copy of the postings to a group set-up
at Yahoo? What I think you would need to do is start a list there at Yahoo,
and then forward a copy of the posts to that list I suppose as if it was a
list member. I would think then this would start or see if any traffic
would start on that Yahoo list and see if there is any interest. I don't
know if this really would be possible but it seems as if it would keep this
list "pure" or not changed while allowing for a new list to develope
wherever someone would think that it would be positive to bring Nettamer to
other lists. The only portion that then wouldn't be included would be the
new traffic that developes from this new list. That mail would stay there I
think? Or maybe not, perhaps it would be forwarded back to this list of
that I'm not certain.
Anyways, maybe an idea like this could bring about the
best of both worlds.
Mark
On 2001-04-24 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:57:55 -0600
>I am not at all in favor of a list on egroups or yahoogroups either,
>as both tend to be not teribly accessible to screen readers, even
>those made for windows. Well, I'll restate that, you can certainly
>read what s there, but navigation can be yuck. As much as I hate
>to say, I work in tech support, and even techs these days don't
>know dos and don't want to. If any nettamer lists form on any of
>these windows-based places that would be cool I guess, but not to
>the exclusion of this list. I am not fond of the little adds that
>both of those groups like to display. Well, enough of my rantings.
>Thanks all.
>the seth creatures
>Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered
>********************************************************
>To unsubscribe from this list,
>send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
>Unsubscribe
>as the subject.
>You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
>********************************************************
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************