Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:25:12-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:
I am replying herewith to a recent message I received from John Oram,
and I am including a CC to all recipients of same.
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:26:36 -0700, John Oram wrote:
> Sam:
> Congratulation on getting a fix for your difficulty.
> Please ask Uncle Dave if he will upgrade the present release to include
> the re-coding he did for you.
> Uncle Dave seems to have a habit of being rather discriminatory to not
> apply new ideas in a manner so we can all benefit at the same time...
> John Oram
John:
I do not know if Uncle Dave provided me with an all-purpose panacea
or whether it is a fix for dealing with only certain peculiarities
of "shentel.net". The same medicine that works for me might not work
for other people with similar symptoms and complaints.
Almost all businessmen confer special treatment to serious
cash-paying customers. We cannot expect Uncle Dave to be any
different in this regard. If it is indeed true that Uncle Dave is in
fact "discriminatory" along these lines, then I could present some
perfectly understandable reasons why he might be inclined to be that
way. When Uncle Dave fixed Nettamer for me I was already a registered
paying customer. I had been using my registered "off-the-shelf"
version with my former ISP. It worked fine with "rma.edu". When I
switched to subscribing to "shentel.net", then I had a problem with
Nettamer. Uncle Dave provided a special patched version for me. When
I tried out an "off-the-shelf" version of NetMail Pro I experienced
problems that were similar to the ones I had with my "off-the-shelf"
version of Nettamer.
I wrote to Uncle Dave and promised to register NetMail Pro if he would
fix it for me. He did fix it and I wrote back and thanked him and said
I would register it as soon as the eagle flies again on the 1st of next
month. Perhaps the patched version will work only on just a few ISPs
having the same peculiarities as "shentel.net". BTW, "shentel.net"
works fine with almost all the other DOS internet applications I have
tried out and also those which I currently use. I have not yet tried
the patched versions of Nettamer or NetMail Pro with any ISP other than
"shentel.net".
When I register my patched version of NetMail Pro next month I will ask
Uncle Dave about the advisability of providing the patched version on
his site as a download option. I will let you guys know what he says.
Regards to all,
Sam Heywood
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************