Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:46:43-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:
Hello John, and others:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:49:15 -0700, John Oram wrote:
> Sam:
> Yes, Uncle Dave does have a "significant" number of, like you,
> registered users for his various applications.
> My point was that EVERY registered user should benefit equally from
> Uncle Dave's product enhancements. Unless you paid - hard cash money -
> for Uncle Dave to build you a "one off" version. Re-reading your email
> below, it seems to me that you indicate your in the same class as
> other "registered" users of Uncle Dave's various applications. Not an
> OEM user of a specialty version application which Uncle Dave has built
> for volume purchase clients.
I am not an OEM user nor a volume purchase client, just an ordinary
registered user like most of you guys. I have observed that many
people have been using Nettamer for years without even registering
it. This is wrong.
I agree that EVERY registered user should benefit equally from Uncle
Dave's product enhancements. I did not pay Uncle Dave anything extra
for him to build me a "one off" version. While the "one off" version
certainly is a product enhancement for me, I do not know if it would
be an enhancement for people who subscribe to "normal standard
generic" ISPs. BTW, "shentel.net" behaves as a "normal" ISP except
that the server returns an extra character in the domain ID after logging
on to the smtp server. In the "off-the-shelf" versions of Nettamer and
NetMail Pro the extra character will appear in the screen as a
"smiley face". Next I will get an INVALID DOMAIN NAME error. The
result is that the "off-the-shelf" versions will not work for me for
sending mail. The POP3 functions would work fine with the
"off-the-shelf" versions.
I do not know if the "one off" version is specific for dealing with
the peculiarities of "shentel.net" or whether it will work with other
ISPs having similar problems if such should occur with other ISPs. I
don't know if my "one off" version will work with ISPs that do not have
the kinds of idiosyncracies as "shentel.net". I mentioned in my
previous post that I have not tested the "one off" version with other
ISPs. This statement was not correct. Now I recall that I used my
"one off" version several times with the now-defunct "DialFree" ISP.
It worked with DialFree. BTW, my "one off" version of Nettamer is
a variant of the NETTAMER.EXE that comes with the 386 version,
graphical model.
Regards to all,
Sam Heywood
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************