Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:15:20 +500
From: Marvin Commerford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Quoting Messages


Hello.  The default for Nettamer is bottom posting which I personally hate.
MS Outlook and Pine top post.  I usually ignore bottom posted messages from
this list because I don't want to reread the old information.  A couple of
years back this was also an issue.

I also use speech and it is definitely easier to read the response first.  I
have used many different mail clients at work and in all cases the reply is
on top.  It must be a difference between business and news group usage.
Nettamer requires the user to go to the top of the message to put the reply
on top.  I always do this because I prefer this method.
On 2001-09-26 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:09:21 +0400
   >Hello Bonnie:
   >This seems like a reasonable request to me if most people who
   >use speech are in agreement that top-posting is easier to deal
   >with.  It is certainly no more difficult for one to do
   >top-posting instead of bottom posting.  Bottom-posting is the
   >way that most people on mailing lists and newsgroups do it.  BTW,
   >I have seen many newsgroup posts which criticise people for
   >top-posting.  The people posting such complaints say that
   >top-posting violates some kind of accepted standard or norm.  I
   >don't know where they ever got the idea that bottom posting is a
   >"standard" that everybody should conform to.  I have observed
   >that bottom posting is the method used by most people.  For that
   >reason I usually do bottom posting.  For reasons of courtesy, on
   >this list I will henceforth do top-posting if most of the people
   >who use speech are in agreement that we should do it that way.
   >Regards to all,
   >Sam Heywood
   >P.S.  BTW, have I placed my closing and my signature and my P.S.
   >in the right places for this top-posted message?
Marvin Commerford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to