Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:12:06 -0500
From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Quoting Messages
Hi Dale:
All of the mailing lists and newsgroups that I follow go by
the general custom of bottom-posting, but also in every one
of these groups there are some who will top-post. As for
myself, I find it no more difficult to top-post than to
bottom-post, regardless of whether I am using a DOS or a
Windows email client program. I don't think it is really a
technical hassle for us to change our styles. People just
have a natural resistance to being asked to change their
customary ways of doing things unless the change is being
sought for a very cogent reason. An advantage of
bottom-posting is that this technique offers the reader an
opportunity to first review the message that is being
replied to. In having to review the previous material first,
some people consider this as having to wade through some
needless old clutter before they can get to something new.
What is seen as an advantage for some is a disadvantage for
others, and vice-versa. Either way one presents his posts,
the technical aspects of preparing them are no more easier
or more difficult to deal with one way or the other.
Regards,
Sam Heywood
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:28:42 -0400
"Dale Leavens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry, I cannot agree!
> This is the only one of 8 lists I follow where the standard appears to be
> posting below the original message. It may be true of DOS applications but
> usually Windows e-mail applications default to replies and forwards
> beginning on the top.
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************