Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:28:42 -0400
From: "Dale Leavens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Quoting Messages

Sorry, I cannot agree!

This is the only one of 8 lists I follow where the standard appears to be
posting below the original message. It may be true of DOS applications but
usually Windows e-mail applications default to replies and forwards
beginning on the top.

Thanks

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nettamer List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Nettamer List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: Quoting Messages


Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:09:21 +0400
From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Quoting Messages

Hello Bonnie:

This seems like a reasonable request to me if most people who
use speech are in agreement that top-posting is easier to deal
with.  It is certainly no more difficult for one to do
top-posting instead of bottom posting.  Bottom-posting is the
way that most people on mailing lists and newsgroups do it.  BTW,
I have seen many newsgroup posts which criticise people for
top-posting.  The people posting such complaints say that
top-posting violates some kind of accepted standard or norm.  I
don't know where they ever got the idea that bottom posting is a
"standard" that everybody should conform to.  I have observed
that bottom posting is the method used by most people.  For that
reason I usually do bottom posting.  For reasons of courtesy, on
this list I will henceforth do top-posting if most of the people
who use speech are in agreement that we should do it that way.

Regards to all,

Sam Heywood
P.S.  BTW, have I placed my closing and my signature and my P.S.
in the right places for this top-posted message?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:04:35 +700Wed, bonnie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     Please people, do you guys think you could first, put your
>     responses to someone's message on the top so people who use
>     speech won't have to wade through things they have already read
>     before; and second, snip your quotes so that bandwidth is saved
>     and mailboxes aren't cluttered? It is becoming increasingly
>     annoying to have to deal with this. This isn't even showoig
>     courtesy; this is lazy. If you don't know how to delete the
>     previous msg or to snip, ask someone to help you. There are
>     lots of people on this list who know how to do that, I'm sure.
>     Also, people have limited server space and some get charted for
>     download time.


Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************





********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to