From: "Kenneth Victor Rosenberg" <k...@cornell.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 9:05 AM
To: "Benjamin Van Doren" <bmvando...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] Night Migrating Raptors

I would suspect that the nocturnal movements by raptors will turn out to be
primarily over water -- where the total flight range involved necessitates a
partly nocturnal crossing. Are there any other night-time records from the Gulf
oil platform work a while
back? Satellite tracking data may shed some light (or darkness) as well.

KEN

Ken Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology