Dennis: Checking the starter relay switch posts (battery positive on one side to starter on the other) I have 12.5 volts. When you push the start button with th key on the head light goes out and the volt reading is zero. Selenoid? By selenoid do you mean the starter relay switch?
Glen.. On Jun 12, 1:23 am, Dennis Hammerl <[email protected]> wrote: > Hold the button in and check for 12 volts at the starter terminal. Have it ? > then rebuild the starter. No 12V ? Solenoid is bad. > > --- On Thu, 6/11/09, Snookfever <[email protected]> wrote: > > From: Snookfever <[email protected]> > Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Starter Trouble 84 700S > To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]> > Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:33 PM > > Dennis: > > Just checked and the battery was up to full charge 13.45 volts, but it > wont turn over. It just clicks... > > What now??? > > Glen > > On Jun 11, 11:11 pm, Graham Rogers <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > sounds like another charging system problem > > > On Jun 11, 2009, at 10:43 PM, Snookfever wrote: > > > > My bike starts right up the morning, but after riding half an hour the > > > motor will barely turn over. The battery is 6 months old and fuild > > > level is fine. I put a motorcycle battery tender on it after riding > > > and if I have not rode in a week or so I will plug it in over night. > > > Tonight I rode 40 miles to bike night hung out about an hour with > > > friends and it barley started after several tries. I rode back 40 > > > miles, when I stopped to fuel up it would not turn over. The starter > > > switch clicks when you hit the button and the head light is bright. > > > Any idea what is going on? > > > > Thanks... > > > > Glen- Hide quoted text - > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
