*Fun story Rusty! I enjoyed that.*
*
*
*My own love affair with Nighthawks is chronicled on my website, but since
you asked I was one of the people who was just lucky. I had a 1984 Goldwing
that my wife hated (it was all about the color) so I made arrangements to
sell it to my niece's husband who really wanted a Wing. We decided we would
both look for a replacement bike for me. All I knew was that I wanted a
mid-side bike.*
*
*
*I was surfing the net and found the 550 at a bike shop in Iowa. (My niece's
husband lived in Southern Minnesota.) He drove down, looked the bike over
and bought it for me. Then, we both drove to a location halfway between
where we each lived (Cheyenne, Wyoming). I brought the Wing on a trailer. We
swapped bikes, had a steak dinner, spent the night at a motel and each
turned around and drove home. (It was a 12 hour drive for each of us.)*
*
*
*That was my introduction to the Honda Nighthawk and that was the bike that
inspired www.hondanighthawks.net. :)  Paul*
*
*
*[image: Nighthawk cb550sc]*
*
*
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Rusty <[email protected]> wrote:

> Admittedly, some of us are smart.  And some of us are just plain
> lucky.
>
> With respect to Nighthawk, I'm a little bit of both.  I've always
> lusted after these bikes since seeing them while I was growing up in
> the 1980's.  For years after I learned how to ride, my friends had me
> convinced that air-cooled was bad, and that anything built before 1995
> was just plain BAD.  But I wasn't smart enough to know right from
> wrong, so I believed them.  Bought a Magna, and subsequently a
> Concours.  Both great bikes...but not soul-mates.
>
> Enter 2005.  My wife takes the MSF class and passes with near perfect
> scores on her first try.  She immediately began begging for a starter
> bike on which to practice.  How could I say no, right?  Being a
> cheapskate, I hit the classified and started asking around, online at
> work, etc.  Eventually I found a 1983 CB650SC in PERFECT running
> condition for a great price.
>
> Long story short...The Nighthawk is now MINE MINE MINE.  It rides
> high, which fits my blown out lower back nicely.  It's lightweight,
> and can turn on a dime.  Super quick.  What's more to ask for?  I sold
> the Concours and covered the Harley (1999 FXSTS Spring, Softail).  I
> cannot imagine a better bike than the 1983 Nighthawk.
>
> So my question for you all:  How did you find out about Nighthawk
> (intent or chance), and what makes you love your bike so much?
>
> Rusty
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
*
*
*
*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to