mine was pure luck... i was riding a bicycle 10 miles each way to go to work
(in the florida heat) and after working for the company for about a month
the boss said the he had a small motorcycle he would sell (and finance) for
$1,000.... so, i have him some money down and i thought that little 250 was
the kewlest thing on the road... kept it for a little over a year....
recently sold it for the gold wing, but if i find a 550 or 750 for the right
price, i might break my 1 bike at a time rule...

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Angela Kennedy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, as for me, I liked them the day I took the MSF class. It seemed like
> a sturdy, well built bike. Also like the uprightness(is this a word?) about
> it. But I had no idea they came bigger than a 250(250's seemed so small)
> until I started looking around on ebay and other sights. Then I ran across a
> beautiful blue 93 750 w/ 16,000 miles. Spent what seemed like a
> fortune($2600) but I loved it and thought it would be perfect. I had it
> delivered so, the purchase was sight unseen (except for pics)AND it was a
> starter bike. So, of course, there was a tremendous ramp up stage. When it
> arrived it seemed so BIG! But I have since had the height adjusted with
> lowering blocks and adjusted the suspension. And it's been fun putting some
> really nice cosmetic do-dads on it and riding it around. But I haven't given
> it much attention lately so, I'm contemplating selling it after only having
> it 3 1/2 yrs. But I dunno. Still love it though. It's a beauty!!.
>
>
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> *Love these stories! Thanks for starting the thread Rusty!*
>> *
>> *
>> *Paul
>> *
>> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:27 PM, joseph wojtkiewicz <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I was introduced to the Nighthawk by my father.  I was ready to purchase
>>> a bike (with no knowledge of course) and almost bought a rice rocket.
>>>
>>> My Dad was out at a dealership that sold new and used bikes.  He called
>>> me and said there was a bike I needed to see.  It was a '93 Nighthawk 750
>>> with 5k miles for $4k.
>>>
>>> After seeing this bike, I became intrigued with the Nighthawks.  I
>>> eventually purchased a 2002 Nighthawk 750 with only 8k miles for $3k!  Thank
>>> you craigslist.
>>>
>>> I've put 4k miles on her since April and have no regrets what so-ever.
>>> Much respect for a truly beautiful motorcycle.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Rusty <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Admittedly, some of us are smart.  And some of us are just plain
>>>> lucky.
>>>>
>>>> With respect to Nighthawk, I'm a little bit of both.  I've always
>>>> lusted after these bikes since seeing them while I was growing up in
>>>> the 1980's.  For years after I learned how to ride, my friends had me
>>>> convinced that air-cooled was bad, and that anything built before 1995
>>>> was just plain BAD.  But I wasn't smart enough to know right from
>>>> wrong, so I believed them.  Bought a Magna, and subsequently a
>>>> Concours.  Both great bikes...but not soul-mates.
>>>>
>>>> Enter 2005.  My wife takes the MSF class and passes with near perfect
>>>> scores on her first try.  She immediately began begging for a starter
>>>> bike on which to practice.  How could I say no, right?  Being a
>>>> cheapskate, I hit the classified and started asking around, online at
>>>> work, etc.  Eventually I found a 1983 CB650SC in PERFECT running
>>>> condition for a great price.
>>>>
>>>> Long story short...The Nighthawk is now MINE MINE MINE.  It rides
>>>> high, which fits my blown out lower back nicely.  It's lightweight,
>>>> and can turn on a dime.  Super quick.  What's more to ask for?  I sold
>>>> the Concours and covered the Harley (1999 FXSTS Spring, Softail).  I
>>>> cannot imagine a better bike than the 1983 Nighthawk.
>>>>
>>>> So my question for you all:  How did you find out about Nighthawk
>>>> (intent or chance), and what makes you love your bike so much?
>>>>
>>>> Rusty
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>>> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
>>>> .
>>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
>> .
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to