I'm an old guy with a life-long love of motorcycles. Have had at least one, sometimes several, around all the time, starting with a Whizzer motorbike I used to deliver newspapers as a kid.
Upgraded to a Cushman Eagle, then a Harley Hummer. As I got older, graduated to "real" motorcycles -- a couple Harley Sportsers, several Triumphs, a BSA, a Royal Enfield, a Honda Scrambler and a Meguro (a not-for-export-but-I-did-it-anyway) Japanese police bike. I took note of the Nighthawks when they first came out, but I was into all things Yamaha at the time, so my interest never got beyond passing curiosity. Ditto with the various iterations of choppers, cruisers, dirt bikes and crotch rockets. My focus has mostly always been standard street bikes. So when the Yamaha Special got old and tired, I cruised Craigslist searching for a replacement. Got reacquainted with the Nighthawk, liked the specs and the simplicity of the 2nd gen 750s, and bought one. What's my favorite? I liked all of them for different reasons, and I wish I could say the Nighthawk, but there was just something visceral about the sound of the pre-unit (separate tranny) Triumph with the peashooter mufflers that just spoke to me. Too bad they weren't more reliable. But the Nighthawk works for me, too. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
