I have an 82 Cb650 and I am experiencing the same issues... Exhaust on 
Cylinders 1&2 are both cooler than the others. And my bike seems to idle and 
run fine. I just tested both coils with an ohms meter and both read fine, new 
plugs, freshly cleaned carbs. I thought that maybe my exhaust valves on those 
cylinders could be sticking open and allowing the exhaust to basically free 
flow out of the combustion chamber but I'm not sure.

Jim

Sent from my iPod

On Apr 12, 2011, at 10:24 AM, Joey Kelley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Scott,
>       I'm wondering if it might be ignition related - just a guess
> here but if it has a two coil ignition system (I assume it does) there
> is the potential to have one coil going bad, affecting two cylinders,
> but not the other two.
>       I wouldn't think you'd have a 20 degree difference between the
> exhaust pipes under normal circumstances.
>       Full disclosure - I don't have a 4 cylinder NH - anyone want to
> confirm / deny my thinking here?
>       -Joey
> 
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Scott McKinley <[email protected]> wrote:
>> The exhaust pipe temperatures read when sitting on the bike:
>> 
>> L to Right:
>> 
>> 149
>> 
>> 147
>> 
>> 129
>> 
>> 121
>> 
>> Power seems a little low at less than 3000 rpm, but above doesn’t miss and
>> has plenty of power. Carburetors worked about 100 miles ago, use Seafoam
>> over winter and ride about every two weeks for about an hour. Starts easy
>> and idles without a problem once warmed up. Do I need to sync carbs or ?
>> 
>> Thanks for any advise,
>> 
>> Scott
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected].
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> -Joey Kelley
> JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
> JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
> JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to