Did you test ride it? If it runs ok for a test ride, it's easily worth 1200.
Check the tires for dry rot, of they both shows those telltale cracks that's
about 300 bucks, then offer a little less. But that's very similar to my bike
and I paid 1300. Two new tires and rebuild of clutch and a turn signal stem and
she's still putting like a kitten. You might want to sea foam out before you
clean and rebuild the carbs. You might find you don't need to do it...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus