I apologize to DoomSmt for what I now realize was a thread hijack. I didn't 
think it was when I posted it.

Guys, as I said, the bike does drop down to a normal idle if I give it 
time, which would never happen if the idle screw were set too high. It's 
just that the time it takes to shift gears is not enough time for the rpms 
to drop. It's almost like I'm doing what we used to call a "speed shift" in 
high school, meaning clutching and upshifting without letting off the 
throttle.

This means using the engine as a break for stopping does not really work. I 
clutch it and the engine stays pretty high while I break to a stop. I stop 
at the corner, and then the engine drops to an idle a short time after the 
stop. Like I said, not a big issue, but it's not right and it bugs me. My 
other bikes don't do that.

I've been into a few carbs and I know that the springs will snap the 
butterflies closed right away. I've also seen that vacuum slides can be a 
little slow to slide closed. That's the only thing I could think of, but I 
wondered if people with more experience could offer any other explanations 
for what I'm experiencing. Thanks.


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to