Sounds like you covered your throttle and idle adjustments.  My next guess 
would be running lean on the idle circuit (restriction in the carburetors jet 
or passage) 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 28, 2014, at 10:02 PM, DoomSmt <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Sorry for the delay. I haven't had a chance to try everything we have 
> discussed here. My throttle cable is fine. My choke lever would only stay put 
> if I held it in position. I think that may have led to me being impatient and 
> adjusting the idle before the engine was warm. I moved the entire assembly 
> right against the grip and now the lever stays where I put it. 
> I did get the engine warmed up, doing its revving thing, and adjusted the 
> idle. That seemed to do the trick for a little while, but as soon as that 
> feeling of "I fixed it" really set in, it happened again. 
> I think it may have more to do with the way I was riding it. I am very new to 
> motorcycles, riding and wrenching. I kind of pinpointed exactly when it would 
> over rev.  I was using the clutch to sort of coast either to slow before 
> downshifting or going downhill or anytime I didn't need to accelerate. So I 
> don't need to do that. I realized that if I let the engine slow down on its 
> own before squeezing the clutch it would stay <2000 rpm. 
> Basically I need to only use the clutch when I need to use it for what it is 
> used for... Whoodathought?
> What any thoughts? Advice?
> Was it just me all along or is there still an underlying issue here? 
> 
> Thanks! Glad to be a part of this group!
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to