On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Howard White <hwh...@vcch.com> wrote:

> Members,
>
> My action item in advance of the LinuxFest September 19, 2009 is to set
> up a Customer Relationship Management system as a sign up sheet.  Our
> event in June did not record members and visitors; by extension we did
> not follow up with those visitors.  Given that NLUG is a _computer_
> group, it seemed to me to be rather silly to ask people to _write_ their
> names and email addresses on a piece of paper!  How 20th century.
>
> NLUG has for years captured attendance information expressly for voting
> eligibility purposes.  My intent is to build on those efforts; not so
> much from a historical perspective but as a continuing project.
>
> REST ASSURED, NO EMAIL OR NAME INFORMATION SHALL BE USED FOR PURPOSES
> OTHER THAN NLUG ACTIVITIES.  Such activities do not include fund raising
> for any ________.
>
> Comments?
>
> Howard White

Howard,

Gathering this information would be very good and certainly appropriate.  I
think we should gather all this information and then sell it (author quickly
ducks and runs after lighting such a huge fire :-) )  Seriously though,
gathering it is a great idea and I would suggest adding an option the user
may select that says something like "don't contact me for anything",
"contact me for more events like this one", "contact me for all NLUG
events", "Contact me every day!!!".

Andy