n...@dad.org wrote:
 > David Levine <levin...@acm.org> writes:
 > >
 > >I always "w" at the What Now? prompt before sending.
 > That's a good habit. I get into the habit with nmh-1.5, because of a bug that
 > resulted in messages with a bad address sometimes getting sent. That bug was
 > corrected in nmh-1.6, so I got out of the habit. I should get back into it.

but that's not really a complete solution.

'w' simply lists all recipients.  the only type of recipient it calls
out is "Bcc" -- the rest ("To", "cc", and "dcc") are all just listed
together.  so you still might not know that you've left a blank To:

paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 60.3 degrees)