kre wrote:
> Rather, I usually delete [X-Mailer] as I consider it no-one else's
> business which software I use

Yes, I'd want to turn it off from that point of view too.  I use mail(1)
for short internal emails, and here it's provided by package s-nail
which had a series of different core-dump bugs that I triggered.  It
quite possibly has buffer overflows  on receiving and rendering emails
too, and puts out `User-Agent: mail v14.8.12' into every email, like
pinning a target to the user's back.  :-)

If mh-format(5) had a version string or function then users could litter
X-Mailer and User-Agent, to cover both bases, willy nilly?

Cheers, Ralph.