I now know what my problem was. I was stupid. Imagine that.

I was thinking that my bucket balance should not be more than my
(main) account balance. That is simply not true. After much haranguing
and time machining, I figured out that because I use my credit cards
occasionally (plus finance charges that are downloaded and assigned
buckets) my balance in my main account will rarely if ever match the
bucket balance.

Man, I feel stupid. I was getting the two off when I downloaded my
credit accounts and did not notice the why of it.

Okay. For those out there that need to know this. It works great if
you don't put buckets in your credit accounts. The two will always
match. But if you do, then they will not match.

I hope this helps someone.

Or, at the very least, I feel better.