On Sat, 2016-11-05 at 14:57 +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:

> Add a new exit code for when files vanished, so the caller has a
> chance to detect the race and re-run notmuch new to recover.

I don't think this is the right approach for two reasons:

The exit code you have chosen is still a failure so I will still get
notified for a minor issue. I use chronic to detect fail scenarios.

This is a pretty normal scenario when you have a mail program open and
are auto-running `notmuch new` on a scheduled basis or when new mail
arrives. notmuch should just ignore the error and continue as normal.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise