{-- Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:06:45 -0800: Carl <cworth at cworth.org> wrote: --}

  Carl> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:30:08 -0800, camalot at picnicpark.org wrote:
  Carl> I had a patch (on a side branch that I must have never merged)
  Carl> that just removed these autoload comments. Do these even do
  Carl> anything for a file that's not being built along with all the
  Carl> lisp code within emacs?

I was interested in them because the gentoo packaging support for emacs
includes the ability to automatically create autoloads from these
comments for installed add-on packages that then get loaded system-wide
when emacs is started.

I've my own ebuild using this functionality right now that is just
slightly different from the one that was posted here a little while ago.
I've been meaning to merge my version with that one but haven't gotten
to it yet.

           --- Keith