Russell Urquhart <> writes:

> About a year ago i really got into Asciidoc, and use it at my work for
> technical writing.

What are your output formats?

> For me, i had some Context files, that had, for example, footnotes,
> within footnotes, within footnots. This is very doable in
> Context. Asciidoc, currently, does not support this multiple levels of
> footnotes, so, as i expected, converting Context -> Asciidoc, was not
> able to do this.

Interesting…I also have need for footnotes within footnotes and hit that
barrier with rst/markdown or some other non-AsciiDoc format
recently. :-)

> My suggestions would be, as you are going from asciidoc to Context,
> make sure that you are happy with what you can do in asciidoc. Context
> should be able to readily handle a conversion from Pandoc.

Well, considering that ConTeXt can do much more than AsciiDoc, maybe for
regualr web content (blog posts, shorter articles etc.) I could simply
use Markdown without even going to AsciiDoc which is interesting option
only in case of being able to server as single-source format.

The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal
vision a learned and gentle brāhmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog
and a dog-eater.

maillist : /
webpage  : /
archive  :