On Tue, 26 Dec 2017, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

On 12/21/2017 10:53 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
[...]
Can you post a minimal working example. I don't use XML so it is difficult for me to understand how these commands are used in practice.

Aditya,

many thanks for your reply and your help.

A minimal sample would be:

 \startbuffer[demo]
 <doc>
 <code><a class="sourceLine" id="cb1-1" data-line-number="1">
 </doc>
 \stopbuffer

 \startxmlsetups xml:initialize
    \xmlsetsetup{#1}{doc|p|code}{xml:*}
 \stopxmlsetups

 \xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}

 \startxmlsetups xml:doc
    \xmlflush{#1}
 \stopxmlsetups

 \startxmlsetups xml:p
    \startpar\xmlflush{#1}\stoppar
 \stopxmlsetups

 \startxmlsetups xml:code
   \xmlprettyprinttext{#1}{xml}
 \stopxmlsetups

 \starttext
    \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{demo}{}
 \stoptext

But if this is too tricky to you, maybe it isn’t a good idea to extend
the module to XML usage.

There are (at least) two reasons for that:

- I’m the only user who asked for this (too much trouble for a single user).

- Easier alternatives would be to improve the ConTeXt core or the
context-highlight module.

It isn't too difficult to support this. See attached file.

This will clutter your PWD with temp files. To avoid that, create a subdirectory called "output" and set

\setupvimtyping[directory=output]

Then all the temp files will be stored in the directory "output".