On 03/24/2018 12:14 PM, luigi scarso wrote:

hm, what does
command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1
say ?

ldd (GNU libc) 2.26
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

it's a "long term", ie until  it's in texlive .
If not in texlive, it can be dropped, but not necessarily.

Sorry, I don't understand, this sounds contradictory to me.

On 03/24/2018 12:15 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> i have no clue what drives this but i suppose than a specific linux only
> has one of these two libs
>
> (no sign of musl in my scripts here)

I see this tex/setuptex:

                if command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -q
^musl
                then
                        libc=musl
                else
                        libc=glibc
                fi

rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .

it looks like that one has changed

Even with the new first-setup.sh: when I run it, there are no new binaries in context/tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin, so for the time being, context minimals are broken on arch linux (and its derivatives, I guess).

Thomas