For me, it was definitely both the love of the tech, plus the freedom that
consulting gave - flexible schedule, can go pick up the drycleaning or
whatnot, something different every day.  Lately though, my outfit has gotten
really regimented and the scheduling pretty tight, so I'm just not feeling
the love as much.  I'm probably thinking my next job after this will not be
consulting - I'm ready to settle down and grow my own network.

What's keeping me going right now is frankly the opportunity to see a wide
variety of the new Microsoft 2008 technologies before I do that. :)

-- Durf

--
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.