I suspect that if more of us were hourly, weeks would rarely exceed 40 hours!

From: Jon Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:22 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: So, Why Do We Do It?

John, I know for me it is that in 1 year, 10 months, and roughly 2 weeks I get
to retire and go work for a company that will hopefully pay me better or not
treat me like dirt simply because I try and save a bunch of (l)users from
stupid mistakes.  I am also tired of the after hours work for nothing other
than the management will not allow me to do it any other way and the "but you
were not authorized to work those hours" from managers that told me to get the
job done but not disrupt anyone else's work schedule.  I also know for me the
overtime stopped for the most part when I went from salary to hourly.  Now the
managers have to sign off in advance of any OT work of any form.  I still get
emails and calls asking for me to fix something on my time off and I just refer
them to my boss, I actually just forward the email to my boss or if they do
accidentally get me to answer the phone I tell them to talk to him, he makes
the rules.  I have never gotten a second request and my junior has messed up a
couple of times so no one asks him for anything more than something simple, but
then he has been very good at hiding when there is work to be done anyway.  I
also get to work hours that for me mean I have to deal with the users a lot
less, and makes the managers stew a bit more, but my supervisior actually likes
my hours.  I work 3 11.5 hour days and one 7 hour day.  On days with more than
8 hours I am suppose to get a half hour for lunch but usually just stay in my
office and ignore the phone.  I also am at work a 4 am on my work days and
since most of the staff don't usually get in until about 9 most of my day is
done.

Jon

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:05 PM, John Hornbuckle <[EMAIL