try copy and paste in sections then til you find the node(s) thats causing it?

Howard

>________________________________

    will speed up autosaves and act as a local repository in case the
    server screws you.  Another safety net is to have a copy of the
    script saved to the output folder when submitted to a render farm.

>>I haven't seen the clone issue in quite a while.  Take a look at the
    script with a text editor, if it's truncated, it was a save issue.
    If it's complete to the Viewer node, then the script has an issue.

>>On 8/21/2011 11:33 AM, Michael Garrett wrote:
>>A bit more info:  in this case, there are four shots in the one script with
>>four very similar node trees for each shot, and the last tree is completely
>>gone except for the backdrop nodes.  Of the first three, they all have
>>deleted nodes at different points in the tree even though the tree is very
>>similar.
>>>
>>>We have managed to salvage stuff to the point where we are mostly
      OK but obviously we would like to know what happened.

>>>On 21 August 2011 11:27, Michael Garrett <michaeld...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Excuse my poorly worded email, I'm still waking up here.  There was only one
>>>kind of "blank error" message that is occasionally appearing on script
>>>open.  but some of the nodes are gone regardless.

                  that can typically cause this kind of issue.
                  Historically, merging the script or deleting the
                  Viewers in a text editor could help  but there are
                  other solutions I can't remember.

                  the script in a text editor and copy/paste sections
                  in?  Any magic bullets?  We're in 6.2v4