It’s an interesting problem. Something sci-d-vis could theoretically charge
lots of dollars for.

I don’t think you could do this with a convolve like that, because those are
pinhole exposures. You need to have a solid neutrally-lit test pattern (almost
lab conditions) to make a setup, and it’s likely to be “attached” to the light
K that you light the card with, the RAW conversion settings, the debayering
settings and so on and so forth (pretty much all of that can affectAlso, the
amount of work to sample a lens in this way is gigantic.

Re. the original question I would just go and render a gray lens card matching
the original as much as possible, and would then play
with the distortion per channel and radial blur per channel to get a setup that
is mostly matching. What I was implying is that you need a much more complex
way of sampling and applying real-life aberration and a simple channel
cross-talk works visually, but not precisely.

More here
http://www.imatest.com/docs/sfr_chromatic/

--
Julik Tarkhanov | HecticElectric | Keizersgracht 736 1017 EX
Amsterdam | The Netherlands | tel. +31 20 330 8250