I will update this thread if I find anything.

Cheers,
frank

On 27/08/14 04:25, Nathan Rusch wrote:
I've reported a couple of issues that may be related as well, though they relate mostly to the Denoise2 node in Nuke 8. One is triggered by a LensDistortion node immediately following a Denoise2 node. Some artists here have had some luck inserting a node to attempt to break filter concatenation, but it isn't a sure-fire workaround. I don't know what your input trees look like upstream of the SphericalTransform node, but you may want to try some desperation trick like that (if you use a Grade, make sure you actually apply an adjustment operation and then reverse it with a second node to prevent Nuke from optimizing it out). The other issue is triggered by trying to copy a channel (like rgba.blue) from the output of a Denoise2 node into another tree, and then viewing the Copy. Not to get too cynical, but I'm afraid these are just more examples of new Nuke releases breaking more than they fix.
-Nathan

*From:* Michael Garrett <mailto:michaeld...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:35 AM
*To:* Nuke user discussion <mailto:nuke-users@support.thefoundry.co.uk>
*Subject:* Re: [Nuke-users] OT: machine won't render SphericalTransform node This prompted me to dig back and see my original bug report submitted around the time of 8.0v1 -although I haven't checked to see if this was fixed, and I didn't get sent a bug ID. The rest is a copy paste:

I seem to have found a repeatable bug that affects the LensDistortion node under certain circumstances. If I have a film scan plate (linearised exr) that has a few hot pixels in the ~500 range then the LensDistortion will slow to a crawl unless I add a Clamp node in-between. Of course, it's best practice to deal with those hot pixels but the LensDistortion does work fine in Nuke 7.0v9.

Actually, I just checked and this is affecting STMap as well, I figured they may be using the same underlying method.

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

I've noticed this also seems to be an issue if I have, say, a cg render with a bounding box. If I kill the bounding box either by cropping or extending to the full image bounds then I'm back to normal speed.