> While I agree that this is a good show case I don't like the copy paste
> approach. While this is simple and cheap now, we keep underestimating the
> hidden costs of code duplications.

I understand the concern here Michael. But then I am not sure on the
best way forward. It has mostly jsp and couple of classes. The class
would need to be adapted to work with Oak and we would also need to
remove dependency on jackrabbit-core as it would not be possible to
support both (due to conflicting lucene version). if you have any
suggestion on how to structure it that would be helpful. If its not ok
to put the sample here I can remove it but I do not see a simple way
to structure it without copying

> See e.g. the recent mess caused by the fact we copy pasted util.Text a couple
> of years ago [1].

Yup saw that. However that should have caused the osgi-it to fail. Not
sure why it did not failed.
Chetan Mehrotra